Vectura Virtual Edge
Vectura Virtual Edge (VVE) is a Virtualization Platform, adherent with the most robust and disseminated international standards, that can accelerate the adoption of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) technology and related business.
With a simple integration approach, the Platform goal is to provide for Telcos and ISPs a flexible infrastructure to create new services with really fast deployments, allowing short time-to-market and fast return of investment. Based on open interfaces and standard protocols, VVE is a key element to bring new functionalities for current networks, with its intrinsic high availbility architecture and advanced troubleshooting mechanisms.
The software runs over COTS servers with very efficient use of hardware resources, scaling up to high capacities.
VVE allows deployment of Virtualized Network Functions (VNF) for residential and enterprise Customer Premisses Equipments (CPEs). This approach simplifies CPEs, since they do not need complex embedded software anymore because software is now performed in the Service Provider’s network, acting like a service in the Cloud. The main benefits are:
- Independence of CPE modelor manufacturer
- Homogeneous behavior for all CPEs
- Service evolution independent of CPE
- Support of legacy CPEs (even IPV4)
- Reduction of physical visits to clients
- Possibility of new revenue streams by offer of new services
- Competition with OTTs, taking advantage of Telco’s access network
- Reduction of time to market for new services and solutions